It’s a pain in the ass right?
As you know, there are many different outdoor lights on the market. And for some companies, their main objective is in keeping prices down.
This means they may take shortcuts with the components, parts and materials they use. And they are not too concerned about how the product is made or how long it lasts. For example…
- The power plug may be the only component that meets Australian Electrical Standards. Which means the sockets and cable have not been tested to Australian standards.
- They may use Non-UV Resistant material to keep cost down, which means the cable cracks and deteriorates rapidly exposing live wires.
- They may use cheap globes or LED’s which fail within 12-14 months.
- They may use low-grade thin copper wiring which might be okay for solar lights. But not 240V or 24V. Don’t risk it.
- They may use cheap metals that rust and corrode fast.
- They may use cheap cable that deteriorates rapidly outdoors and causes your lights to fail.
This annoys me, because you have to pull out the faulty lighting and do the job again. These cheap throw-away products end up as rubbish, and that isn’t good for the environment.
My search continued.
Having once been a landscape gardener and seeing for myself the difference between high quality lighting, and cheap lighting. I had a good idea of what would be required to make high-quality yet affordable lighting. So in 2011 I started Fusion Lighting.
Our objectives are different than these companies who make cheap products.